Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Shop ghost caught on camera?

Yesterday I went into the National Trust shop at Penrhyn Castle to warm myself, as I had been waiting outside for a group who were due to visit the castle and had got rather cold. While I was waiting for the group to arrive I overheard the shop assistants talking about a ghostly apparition which had appeared on a photo taken by Ian, on Sunday afternoon using his phone. I asked if I could see the photo and explained that I am collecting stories about the ghosts at the castle. They had heard that someone was collecting stories but did not know that it was me. Ian explained that a few months ago a man had come into the shop and said that he sensed there was a ghostly presence there. He took out a crystal on a string which started to swing, apparently indicating a spirit was nearby. Ian was sceptical and had not thought much about it since. On Sunday afternoon the shop was not very busy at the end of the day and he decided to wind up one of the other assistants about some of the ghost stories he had heard since working at Penrhyn. He went over to the end of the shop near the books and said, "Come on then, show yourself!" He took a photo of the area without using a flash, but the phone moved and the picture was blurred. He took a second one and when he looked at it closely he could make out the outline of a person in the corner of the room. He said that it looked like a young scullery maid. Here is the photo. What do you think?



4 comments:

Tanya Devany said...

Woh, you can see it when you make the image larger. I think it's rather short, but does look like a maid.

Anonymous said...

its so cool and i have been to penryhn castle i never knew it was haunted though untill i felt like i was being watched many of times

Anonymous said...

penrhy castle looked haunted but i didnt know 4 sure

Anonymous said...

your blog is awesome!!!!