Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 October 2010

Ghostly sigh in the changing room

My friend Elaine told me a fascinating story today. She was in the Education department for a course on Tuesday. She went into the changing room to get something and as she left she switched off the light. Just as the light went off she heard a loud sigh right next to her ear. She didn't dare to turn her head in case there was somebody behind her, so she left the room and did not go back in there until later. There was nobody else in the department. She wondered if she could have brushed her hand against some of the costumes hanging up on hooks near the light switch so she plucked up the courage to go back into the room and moved the costumes to see if she could recreate the sighing noise. She could not make the same sound at all. I asked the ladies who work in the Servants' Hall in the house about the sound they said they have heard in the Doll's Museum when they go in firs thing in the morning and switch the lights on. They described it as a sighing sound, exactly as Elaine described it. The Dolls museum is in the same corridor as the changing room. Spooky! I got changed in there today before I heard Elaine's story. Luckily I was not on my own. I don't think I ever want to go in there on my own again!

Education Department corridor

Changing room

No comments: