Powered By Blogger

Thursday 27 September 2012

Spooky grey shape seen on the Gallery stairs!

As I was collecting some keys this morning from the General Office at Penrhyn Castle one of the staff told me that she had recently encountered something strange on the Gallery stairs. I asked her to tell me the story. She explained that about three weeks ago she was locking up the gallery doors at the end of the day. There were no visitors around as the castle was closed. She stood at the top of the stairs by the door to the gallery with her back to the room. She was talking to the manager of the Industrial Railway Museum when she caught sight of something on the stairs below her out of the corner of her eye. She thought at first it was just her hair and she pushed it back. She looked over the rail at the top of the stairs and saw it was still there. It was a greyish shape, like a person, standing on the stairs. She could not see if it was a man or a woman. She looked away and back again to the stairs, but it had vanished. She told me that she has often heard footsteps in the corridor outside the office when there is nobody else in the building, but it was the first time she has actually seen anything. She said that the manager had not seen it, because he was standing by the lift doors and he could not see over the stairs.

         The ghostly grey shape was seen on this part of the Gallery staircase

I also spoke to John today, one of our conservators. He told me that he has often seen things moving about out of the corner of his eye, especially up in the Keep bedrooms. He said that he does not feel uncomfortable in any part of the castle apart from the Keep, where the family bedrooms are. He said that he feels especially uncomfortable in the Slate bedroom. He feels as though there is something watching him in there, as though he is not alone. He told me that a visitor recently commented that they had felt that there is a sadness in the house and that there was definitely something lurking on the Grand staircase, which made them feel very gloomy and sad.

I always wonder what people will tell me when I go there. I will keep you posted. Please leave me your comments. Thanks.

No comments: